Do You Have ADHD?
ADD and ADHD have become popular buzz words to describe being inattentive, implusive or forgetful. ADHD symptoms are:
People with ADHD may exhibit signs of hyperactivity and impulsiveness but also….
- Fail to give close attention to details or make careless mistakes in work
- Have difficulty sustaining attention in tasks or fun activities
- Don’t listen when spoken to directly
- Don’t follow through on instructions and fail to finish work
- Difficulty organizing tasks and activities
- Avoid, dislike or reluctant to engage in work that requires sustained mental effort
- Lose things necessary for tasks and activities
- Are easily distracted
- Are forgetful in daily activities
- Fidget with hands or squirm in their seat
- Leave their seat in the classroom or other situations when seating is expected
- Feel restless
- Have difficulty engaging in leisure activities or doing fun things quietly
- Feel “on the go” or “driven by a motor”
- Talk excessively
- Blurt out answers before the question is completed
- Have difficulty awaiting their turn
- Interrupt or intrude on others
Many people live with ADHD and have never been diagnosed by a counselor. Once you are aware of the characteristics of ADHD, it is much easier to make positive changes in your life to help you use ADHD to your advantage.
If you would like to take the quiz to determine if you have ADHD, please visit:
A counselor can help you set goals to work towards the best version of yourself!